Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bathing Monkey - The Hot Tub Family

So I'm watching myself eating my own words... I've not been able to update my blog every other day. And I'm sorry to those artists who I criticized not update often enough. I now criticize time. It probably flies faster when it feels like to, and we don't even know. 


So I didn't slack off after the Camping Bears illustration, I was thinking hard what to draw next but it turned out thinking hard did not help me produce any art. Until last Sunday Raul and I went fishing, I got to play all day and on Monday I doodled outline for this Bathing Monkey painting. So, we should always play for inspiration. Yeah, I don't know why fishing has anything to do with monkeys or hot tub. Maybe I'm the monkey eager for a hot tub to relax and play. No parents, please. ;)


I painted this with oil colors, haven't done oil painting for a long time! And actually this is the first time I did oil painting this way, cartoony way. I used to do realistic with oil, that's how I was taught. And I feel painting realistic with oil colors is actually easier. I like this new experiment though.

1 comment:

炎炎夏日 said...

姊~是我拉咪寶~
我看到這幅畫的時候,腦裡有一個對白!
你會想要寫對白在裡面ㄇ?
我覺得寫一些有趣的也許效果還不錯~

Father: Honey, you should go on a diet...
Mother: No,NO,NO! Darling, you shold buy a bigger one for us.
The son:...