Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dancing Ninja

So the "maybe" didn't happen, because artists change their minds all the time... I mean me. So all the sudden I felt like drawing people because they are still my favorite subject. Why? Because people are funny. I had the most fun drawing people and this one is fictional.


My idea comes in a weird way and usually changed along the way as well. The initial idea for this painting was a cowboy sitting down enjoying his coffee at a coffee shop on Monday to get rid of his Monday crank. And funny as I drew to glasses part, I started changing the shape of glasses to heart and star indicating his good mood after sips of coffee, and after I finished his head, I felt like he should be a hipster dancing. 


So I literally just drew as I felt what he should do, and at first he's dancing with twinkle twinkle little stars and saying 'follow me', but I felt his colorfulness from head to toe is so colorful as a disguise of who he really is, so I made the twinkle stars to throwing stars. 


So, he's a Dancing Ninja. Don't be easily fooled. ;)



No comments: