Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tibet Series - A Real Noodle Shop

I just love how this noodle shop is unassuming.


This is a shop in a busy market in Lhasa, and it caught my attention because there's no any kind of advertisement. There's no store sign indicating what they're selling, and the owner's not even in sight. But standing in front of the shop, you see it clear; that one and only display case in the storefront filled with all kinds of noodles without any unnecessary packaging. It's truly what-you-see-is-what-you-get. And the rest of the shop filled with equipments and tools and ingredients, you can be sure they're professional because they only make noodles.


This is the kind of shop I'd go for my noodles. All the makings are directly from the shop itself, and I don't need to pay more for packaging that I can't eat that'll end up in the trash and become pollution in our landfills.


While I was appreciating this raw noodle shop, I noticed there's this very chilled Chihuahua sitting on the storefront step without making any movement for the whole time I was looking around. He had a Tibetan style collar around his neck claiming he's local, and he looked at me in a way as he ok'd my visit but not happily. I think he's cuckoo in the head, he thought he's a Tibetan mastiff.


This illustration was done in art markers on Jan. 14th, 2011.

No comments: