Saturday, January 07, 2012

Tibet Series - Sleepless Potala Palace

































Potala Palace was not only magnificent in the morning but also quite dazzling at night, definitely not less than Las Vegas. The only difference was Potala Palace's dazzling felt like an energy coming from inside out so powerful that made the walls so solid bright and shine in every inch. 


It was dark at night and I was standing on top of a building, and Potala Palace looked like a gigantic lighthouse in the middle of an ocean.  I was not a pilgrim, but even I felt I found the way when I saw the glowing calling.


I was really curious what kind of super lighting technology the Palace used, they probably wouldn't tell. Or could it be the work of all Tibetan Gods who live there? I believed the later.


This drawing was done in India ink and art markers and color pencils. I love drawing everything on marker paper, so the water-mixed ink wrinkled my drawing and I liked it.

No comments: