Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Carol Scott 2

Obviously "Practice Makes Perfect" is not happening here, my drawing skill is going backwards big time for 9 freaking months slacking off. Drawing Carol for the second time is harder than the first time 3 years ago, and it took me the longest ever...

This took me months between trying and failing and sleeping on it. I'm punished by not practicing often enough, and I lost count of how many times I erased everything or started brand new papers. I could feel the creative angel was just not giving me. And then just before I called it for another fail day, I got it before I even realized I got it with a rough outline.

After finished, I was hoping to cut the drawing like I did with Michael Parisi (previous post) and put a solid color as a background but much pencil lines make it impossible, so I tried something new with pink and orange color grid. It's color of Carol in my mind.

No comments: