Friday, January 24, 2014

Jamie Hernandez Pritchard

Jamie was the hardest ever to draw compared to all people I've drawn in the past. I suspect it's because she basically looks like a doll with perfect round eyes and I usually start drawing peoples' eyes first. When the feeling of the eyes' right, everything falls in places easily.

This is also the first time I had so many erases to restart from blank beyond I could keep count, and it took many photos to assemble this drawing. The face and hair are from different photos. The body and legs are also from different photos.

Her PiƱata costume was too cute to not draw her in, and filling those colors was fun because it was the only time my brain could shut down and just filling in colors.

Overall it's a challenge, I almost didn't think I could draw her after days of trying.

No comments: