Monday, February 04, 2019

Ross Lacy

OMG, it's so hard to draw Ross. I tried it last year before drawing Jeff Gould in October (the previous post), and I just couldn't nail it, so I gave up and went to draw Jeff first. 

And these two days I felt like trying it again with a different picture of him, and it still wouldn't give. Luckily I felt like sitting there yesterday all day (raining hard outside), and finally I got to where I'm pleased, where I felt it conveyed my impression of him.

And this time I also tried something I've never done before, I used the water brush pen filled with ink to outline the drawing. I filled one brush with black ink and one blue. Just felt like playing with the ink, but I had too much fun playing with the ink and didn't stop when I should, so I over-inked it and made a boo-boo  dark shadow on his neck. And you can't erase ink, so I had to lighten it by white charcoal pencil. Not a lovable mistake because it didn't change for a better result.

I combined his hand holding his Heller Awards from another picture of him into this picture of him just chilled wearing a t-shirt like he usually does.

No comments: