Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ting Lin

Knowing Ting and John Arthur at the same time, but drawing Ting was not a complete smooth because I had one complete erase after the whole face's pencil line's almost done. I blamed coffee. I had one right before I sat down and it just carried me all the way to the end, my hand literally couldn't even stop and look from afar to see if it looks right. And I thought I was on fire and just gotten so good at it now. Um no. 

I didn't know Ting has her Ting's Test Kitchen business until I checked her Facebook for this drawing, and that's just perfect theme for her. And it was awesome there's another photo of her holding a cupcake at her work desk, so I combined her Test Kitchen biz headshot with her cupcake holding picture. And since there's no photo of her with her legs, I thought just to give her an apron and make it more focus on her and her business presented on her hands.

For Ting's drawing, I tried to do it different from John's, so I took cues from her biz headshot and used strong block colors with Sharpies, but I made a mistake of testing the color with just little doodling, so her face and body's orange color is just a bit too strong when finished, she literally looked like an orange. So to rescue it, I used white color pencil to shade it lighter, and I ended up cutting her off of the white cardstock and pasted it on a roll of brown wrapping paper that happened to make all her colors pop compared to other color cardstocks I have, and pasted it again on white cardboard for thickness support. This mistake I love.

No comments: